When "The 7" or "The 9" isn't enough cylinders to get you going, a Guinness World Record holding motorcycle might just about grab your attention. The Whitelock Tinker Toy is a 48 cylinder motorcycle, created by the owner of Hertfordshire Superbike Centre. Based on the 2 stroke Kawasaki triples, which Simon is a fanatic about, we proudly present the Whitelock Tinker Toy.
How many cylinders?!The engine itself has 48 cylinders, YES, 48 cylinders. It consists of 6, straight 8 blocks.
Is that it, just 48?Technically, the motorcycle has 49 cylinders. The 48 cylinder lump is slightly harder to start than your conventional motorcycle engine, so instead of an electronic starter motor, Simon decided to use what he calls a "donkey engine", a little sub-50cc engine, which is started, and in turn that starts the 48 cylinder engine.
Don't believe us?The motorcycle was on exhibit at the V&A (Victoria and Albert) Museum. At times, it's not here at home (with us in Potters Bar), as it is well-known, and we have various requests for having it exhibited. Please ensure you ring to make sure it is here, and you're more than welcome to come over and take a look! We even have the Guinness World Records Certificate to prove it.
We're more than a simple motorcycle workshop.
- Workshop Services - tyres, exhausts, servicing, reparis, etc.
- MOTs - including some late evenings, and Saturdays - with a free retest
- Special Builds - feel free to take a look at our projects for inspiration!
- Tuning - including Dynojetting, Auto-tuning, and everything related
- Refurbishment - that old motorcycle that you have sitting in the barn? or is it too old for other workshops to work on?
- Specialist Services - we also offer welding, custom fabrication of parts and accessories, bead-blasting, and other metalworking services